Case Study #3401 - State-wide benchmark Process : Government
An Australian State Government embarked on establishing an ICT service delivery centric model to increase the responsiveness to demand and demand management between itself and its agencies. Investments in Infrastructure, capability and resources are a fundamental contributor to successful collaboration between the whole-of-government and multi-agencies clients.
Lack of relevant information into the existing investment across Government was highlighted as one the critical constraints, the Government therefore required the establishment of an ICT Benchmarking program that included the ability to analyse results and report on trends and demonstrate changes.
CHERUB worked in collaboration with the Department to establish an ongoing ICT Benchmarking program which Government proposed to continue to use in subsequent years.
The established program would be used to collect and analyse ICT benchmarking data from the Department and its agencies for Government, to provide the Government ICT Policy Board with relevant information that may be examined to make better investment decisions and identify triggers that would demonstrate change.
CHERUB’s role included:
- Working collaboratively with the Department to:
- Establish a program for the annual collection of ICT benchmarking data from agencies
- Identify and establish data collection and data analysis methods
- Analyse and report on the data
- Providing the Department with advisory services:
- As it develops its capability and plans to run an ICT Benchmarking program
- Assistance with the initial set up of activities including:
- Train and mentor departmental staff
- Facilitate workshops and meetings
- Deliver focused strategies
- Develop program and project plans
- Deliver focused communications strategies
- Identify issues and risks
The client benefited from having a standardised approach for benchmarking its IT costs across all its Departments
For more information, please contact our lead Director for this engagement.
0403 484 948