Case Study #5503 - Transition Management : Higher Education
The Client, a Higher Education Provider, had previously completed a sourcing program with CHERUB to identify a vendor to procure, build and deliver refresh infrastructure to replace their aging Oracle Server fleet and to procure, build and deliver new infrastructure to support their Student Management application.
The Client appointed CHERUB in the role of Transition Project Manager to act on their behalf to support the server build process including managing delivery of the infrastructure and training of internal staff in the use of the new equipment.
CHERUB met with the parties to agree on the establishment of governance processes to manage the transition including assignment of subject matter experts to the transition team, and establishing regular status meetings to address issues and monitor progress.
Strategic direction and decision-making support for the project was provided by the client Project Sponsor, including authorising commitment of resources; communicating to the business any issues that relate to or are affected by the transition and resolving major issues relating to priorities, requirements and procedures.
CHERUB role included facilitating and managing the:
- Finalisation of contract and commercial arrangements
- Developing internal stakeholder communication plans
- Maintaining status project reporting for the client’s internal Project Management Office
- Reviewing and monitoring Risk Management and Issue logs
- Establishing handover and acceptance criteria and procedures
- Facilitating training of internal staff
- Facilitating a Lessons Learned workshop with the parties
The Client was able to receive all new infrastructures on a timely basis from the vendor.
For more information, please contact our lead Director for this engagement.
0403 484 948